Friday 3 June 2011

Mind control.

I hate to act as though I am a slave to the media but recently I have came to a sudden understanding that films and music use their type of media to send a message. Whether it is a long kept secret or it is out in the open I am still amazed by what I have found out. I found this out just by over-thinking the situation which is an annoying habit I hold. For example, when I watch a romantic comedy by the end of the film I have thought to an extent that I have mixed feelings about practically everything. I will always get a unwelcome sense of loneliness, maybe going as far as to say a minuscule amount of abandonment. I can recall numerous times when I have been in the same scenario as the main character in a 'Rom-com'. In a result of watching multiple romantic films in a short amount of time I feel there is need for change in my life, even though I feel this when not under the influence of mind-controlling films.


 All of this causes me to flow into the subject of stereotyping. The phrase 'Don't judge a book by it's cover' is easily a motto I can live by. If one was to judge me just by a rushed observation all they would see is some what of a party boy with not a care for the people around him. Under further investigation people will realise that I am not what I come across as. One of the many issues with me is that you can not get a deep understanding of who I am. You are more than welcome to ask but you will not get a response with any added significance because I am personally unsure to who I am. I have seriously considered getting some form of professional who is related to psychiatry to assess. A lot of what I am posting recently has a link to my alternate life plan. I have questioned whether an endless adventure can aid me in the search for my own self. 




'The Shins - New slang'

No comments:

Post a Comment