Friday 3 June 2011

Why has it come to this?

As I sit here and partake in my daily 5 minute dosage of 'Facebook' I feel a slight disturbance. I glare at the grimace of what means of social life today's youth has come to. I fully understand that facebook is a great way of communication and browsing people's life content but I can't help but feel our world's youth, soon to be the working citizens of tomorrow, are wasting their lives spending hours upon hours on social networking sites. I can easily recognise the difference between a natural teenager and someone who is dependant on sites such as facebook to live. This is hard to conclude as the 'natural' teenage is a constant changing life form. As I skim the words I have just typed I come to realise people will judge me as a boring, lifeless character when I am just a teenager. The only difference is that I can put into words what the world's  parents wish to explain to their children.





I'm all honestly, I'm a secret nerd. I am right to believe that no one will have guessed this or expected it if I had announced it. I have ambitions and I have dreams. All of which I wish to pursue. My life long dream... A modern architect. I am willing to endure the 7 year university course because I know that it will give me a life of satisfaction and enjoyment.





I like to refer to an ancient Arab proverb - "Throw your heart out in front of you and follow it anywhere to catch it"

1 comment:

  1. You are such a deep-thinker and being a nerd secret or not is cool.

    I used to spend eons on Facebook too, but I am finding it more and more irrelevant to my life so have not been on it for more than two hours a month now. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete